Children and Youth
Family Space in the Sanctuary
All young people are always welcome at every one of our 10 am worship services. We know young children sometimes make spontaneous sound and we celebrate their all their exclamations and noises.
To help accommodate families, have a special area in the Sanctuary called the Family Space. A few smaller chairs, a table, and some quiet toys to help younger people keep their hands busy while they listen and learn. Regular pews are right behind so parents can participate in worship with the community.
All Ages Worship on First Sundays
One of our highest hopes is to help our young people feel at home in the worship of the Episcopal Church. Because our worship is place where they will find solace, comfort, and joy in the chances and changes in their adult lives, it is crucial to help them learn how to navigate and connect to our worship life while they are young. So, the first Sunday of each month (Oct-June) is designed to be a more inclusive, intergenerational worship.
Our All Ages Worship features:
- A story in place of a traditional sermon because everyone can learn from a good story.
- Opportunities for older children to help lead worship and connect to their ministry.
- An invitation for younger children to sit with Rev. Michelle and Deacon Sue so they can be guided through worship, if needed. Please arrive by 9:45 so your children can have some help getting ready.
- Bringing the Table to the main floor to facilitate everyone’s connection to the Eucharist.
- Hymns and service music that younger voices find easier to sing.
Godly Play on Third Sundays (Sunday School)
Another one of our highest hopes is to ensure that young people are formed by the stories of our tradition. These stories are foundational to our Christian faith because they help us all understand who we are in relationship with one another and with God.
Godly Play is offered every third Sunday. This tradition of teaching encourages younger children to actively engage with the stories through play and reflection. Please arrive by 9:45 am and escort your child upstairs to the Godly Play room.