We hope you’ll find helpful information on this page regarding resources to help manage during this crisis. As more information becomes available we will update this page.
Hotline Phone Numbers
Ulster County Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline (9-7, M-F): 845-443-8888
New York State COVID-19 Hotline (24/7): 888-364-3065
- Tune into Radio Kingston at 107.9 FM or 1490 AM for local and up-to-date information.
- Ulster County’s website has good information about the help that’s out there. Click here to go to the website.
- For parents: People’s Place (17 St. James St) is helping with breakfast and lunches while school is closed through their Bag Student Hunger program. Click above to visit their website for more information.
- For small business support: Ulster County Department of Economic Development at 845-340-3556
- Project Resilience – community fund and food distribution put in place by Ulster County. There are online forms in English and Spanish.
- Family of Woodstock is offering microwave-ready meals for pick-up. Call or text 845-679-2485 (24/7).
Helpful websites and articles
Ulster County Department of Health
New York State Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Online AA Groups
Washington Post Article: How to Flatten the Curve
How can I help?
- People’s Place can use donations to help support the Bag Student Hunger program. Visit their website by clicking here.
- Continue purchasing take-out meals from local restaurants to keep our local economy running.
- Ulster Corps is keeping a list of volunteer needs. Visit their website by clicking here.
- Radio Kingston has started a charity to help people out during this time. Click here to donate. Applications will soon be received from those needing assistance in the Kingston City Schools area. The link will be posted above under Local Resources.
No hand sanitizer?
Here’s a great and easy recipe. Mix the ingredients with a whisk and pour into dispensers. It makes plenty and the smell of the essential oils will linger long after the alcohol has evaporated.
- 1 cup rubbing/grain alcohol (don’t use vodka, not enough alcohol content)
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- up to 1 Tbsp essential oils (mixed with a couple drops of olive oil)
A Prayer for these times
May we who are merely inconvenienced, remember those whose lives are at stake and those who are most vulnerable. May we be attentive to one another as we face varying degrees of financial hardship and uncertainty as a result of this global health crisis. During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other, let us find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors. And as fear grips our country, may we choose love. God of Love, God of Life, be with us. Amen.
There are more prayers on our Prayer page.